Why use Cole Francis Solicitors?
- We are specialists in intellectual property and branding law – trade marks, copyright, designs, and confidential information.
- We build strong relationships with clients.
- We provide the legal support you need to achieve your business objectives.
- We act for clients in a range of business sectors including manufacturing, engineering, technology, construction, hospitality, consumer goods, and retail.
- We act for listed and unlisted corporates, institutions and entrepreneurs.
A selection of the firm’s clients
- Alco Valves, Yorkshire
- Cornerstone Security Group, Stevenage
- CS Equine Modelling Agency, Sussex
- CSL Behring, global biopharmaceutical healthcare company (27,000+ employees).
- Flexible Machining Systems Ltd, Sussex
- Genie Access, Stevenage
- Little Lambs Pre-School & Nursery, Sussex
- Nonna Selena and Trattoria Verdi, Italian restaurants in Bloomsbury.
- Old Tollgate Hotel, Sussex
- Plested Pies, Southampton
- Premia Global Travel Retail, international drinks distributor in Sussex.
- Premiership football club employee
- RamJam digital animation, Sussex
- Sussex Beds
Top 10 reasons to get a registered trade mark
- Looks great and creates trust with the ® symbol.
- Investors expect you to have one.
- Trumps a company name at Companies House.
- Gives you exclusive rights in your name.
- Stops other people setting up with same name or confusingly similar name.
- Cheap. £299 plus Intellectual Property Office fees (£170). Total price £469.
- Resolve disputes without lawyers. Just send the other side a copy of your registration.
- Springboard to licensing, franchising or selling your brand.
- Infringement is easier and cheaper to deal with, unlike passing off (unregistered names).
- Lasts 10 years initially, but renewable forever.
Areas of expertise
We provide a large range of legal services for businesses with particular expertise in the following areas:
- Apps & Website Agreements
- Construction and engineering disputes
- Corporate and commercial
- Cultural property and art disputes
- Facilities Management Agreements
- Financial and banking disputes
- Fraud and asset tracing
- High Court Litigation, court proceedings, mediation, adjudication and arbitration
- Information technology disputes
- Insolvency and Debt Recovery
- Intellectual property (IP) – Trade Marks – Copyright – Licensing – Franchising
- Recruitment consultants’ Ts & Cs and fee disputes
- Restrictive Covenants, NDAs and Confidentiality Agreements
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Shareholders’ Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, Business Sale Agreements
- Ts & Cs – Sale of Goods and Services
Why choose Cole Francis Solicitors?
- Our dispute resolution practice has 20 years of experience.
- In many law firms, dispute resolution is just a support department – that is not the case at Cole Francis Solicitors. It is the largest area of the firm and has played a major part in the firm’s success.
- We can handle the most challenging situations. We have been exposed to a huge variety of disputes for a huge range of clients. Drawing on this experience we can handle the most complex and the most entrenched problems.
- Broad range of expertise.
- We deliver value for money by working efficiently.
- We help our clients control their costs and achieve their objectives.
What others have to say about us
We are known for outstanding service, strong relationships and commercially focused advice. Our clients say this:
“Excellent straight forward advice”
“Cole Francis have been outstanding in helping me manage several work related issues. Very supportive and responsive”
“I was impressed with the depth of knowledge and legal experience provided by David Cole. He understands awkward situations well, can look at them from different perspectives, and explains them clearly. I would recommend David to anyone seeking legal advice and support.”