Amanda Anstee Editing and Proofreading provides a professional proofreading and copyediting service for publishers, organisations, students, and academics worldwide. Amanda works with your business or organisation to ensure your written output is clear and accurate. This helps you to project a more professional image and provide an even better experience for your clients and other stakeholders.
• traditional copyediting: editing and preparing written copy for typesetting;
• traditional proofreading: checking final page proofs for essential errors; and
• ‘proof-editing’ (a mix of copyediting and proofreading that is particularly suitable when publishing online or printing directly from the edited text): checking for consistency, spelling and grammar, general sense and flow, and general layout and design elements.
Each of these will pick up the kind of mistakes that spelling and grammar tools miss. Having a fresh perspective can also highlight areas that might be unclear to people reading your text for the first time. Even if you already carry out this role in-house, it could be more cost effective to outsource it as and when needed, allowing employees to stay focused on other tasks.
Please get in touch if you would like a professional review of your written products, for example:
• Online presence: websites, blog posts
• Marketing material: advertisements, brochures, case studies
• Reporting and policy documents: annual reports, business proposals, employee policies
• Customer reference: catalogues, price lists
• Communications: newsletters, template letters and emails
Amanda Anstee is an Advanced Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP), abiding by the CIEP Code of Practice, and has received Good Business Charter accreditation, which recognises business that are run in a socially responsible way.