Ridgeview Sussex Business Awards Success
Sussex sparkling wine specialists Ridgeview has won the Small Business Award of the year at the 2015 Sussex Business Awards. The winners of the 27th Sussex Business Awards were announced on the 3rd December at The Grand Hotel, Brighton.
500 of the county’s leading business people were in attendance. Celebrating business excellence across Sussex, the Awards is the longest established scheme of its kind in the county.
This latest accolade for Ridgeview rounds off a fantastic year for the wine producers who are celebrating their 20th Anniversary. Tamara Roberts, CEO said: “It really has been an exceptional year for us in this our 20th Anniversary year and we thank the Sussex Business awards. This is a great acknowledgement of local support in an ever increasing competitive Sussex wine industry.
You can try Ridgeview sparkling wine in many fine restaurants and bars throughout Brighton and the surrounding areas, and at national retailers such as Waitrose and Marks & Spencer
Ridgeview is one of the forerunners in the recent emergence of English sparkling wine. The Roberts family established Ridgeview in 1994 in Ditchling Sussex, solely for the production of sparkling wine from traditional Champagne varieties and methods. In 2010 Ridgeview caught global attention when they received the trophy for the best sparkling wine in the Decanter World Wine Awards, the first time this has ever been awarded to a producer outside of Champagne.
Media requests, images and interviews can be arranged by contacting Astrid Lewis on 07598269842 (email@example.com), Elizabeth Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mardi Roberts (email@example.com).
Notes for editors: Ridgeview Wine Estate:
- Ridgeview is a family company dedicated solely to the production of the highest quality, traditional method sparkling wine from classic Champagne varieties and methods.
- In just 15 years of sales Ridgeview has won over 200 medals and 27 trophies in International and National Competitions (awarded English Wine of the Year in 2000, 2002, 2009 & 2010).
- In 2010 they were awarded the ultimate accolade for the trophy for best sparkling wine in the world in Decanter World Wine Awards, the only time this trophy has been awarded to a wine outside Champagne.
- Their sparkling wine has also been served by Her Majesty at state banquets at Buckingham Palace and for the official Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
- Ridgeview wines were chosen by Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson to launch their latest edition of the World Encyclopaedia of Wine in New York.
- Founder Mike Roberts (1943-2014) was chair of the English Wine Producers and was awarded an MBE for his services to English wine in 2011.
- The second generation of the Roberts family, their daughter Tamara and son Simon, have lead roles in the management and winemaking and continue to develop Ridgeview as a pioneer within the wine industry.
- Ridgeview wines are sold in the finest restaurants and speciality retailers throughout the United Kingdom.
- Ridgeview export reseller portfolio is rapidly expanding; the wines are sold in 14 countries worldwide including USA, Holland, Japan, Australia and Finland.
- February 2015 saw Ridgeview Wine Estate awarded one of DEFRA’s Top 50 Food Stars. 50 Food and Drink Stars was set up in response to the revival of food and drink industries in the UK, and to recognise food and drink entrepreneurs for their contribution to the UK’s economy.