We have a new event in Burgess Hill as part of our Utilise Plus programme, an ERDF-funded project which helps small and medium sized enterprises improve their energy efficiency.
The event is an Energy Saving Workshop. This is a practical, interactive, half-day session in which the business case for energy efficiency is outlined, resulting in delegates creating their own, unique Action Plans. More information can be found on the booking form on our website:
At The King’s Church, Victoria Road, Burgess Hill
Part of the Utilise Plus events and grant funding programme.
17th July 2018, 09:30 to 13:00, Burgess Hill
Utilise Plus Energy Saving Workshops are practical, interactive sessions for organisations with premises, focussing on how your organisation can benefit from making energy saving improvements. This workshop will be delivered by energy saving expert Kayla Ente, of BHESCo, in partnership with Burgess Hill Business Parks Association. You will meet other organisations with similar interests, gain new knowledge and skills, and address barriers to change within your organisation by creating your own unique Action Plan. After the workshop, further support and guidance will be given by the Sustainable Business Partnership, to help you implement your plan and quantify your energy and cost savings.
- Discuss the business case for making energy savings.
- Review your organisation’s energy use.
- Find out how you can reduce your energy consumption and your bills.
- Address barriers to change.
- Create a plan of action.
This event is part of the Utilise Plus programme and is fully-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). As such, only those from eligible organisations can attend. Utilise Plus supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve their resource efficiency. To book your place, use the form below. Please note, we will only accept one attendee per organisation. Additional bookings will be added to a waiting list and notified should any places become available.
Organisations eligible for support through Utilise Plus must:
- Be a SME that employs fewer than 250 people.
- Have a turnover of less than €50 million per annum (£43.9m1) or balance sheet total of less than €43 million per annum (£37.8m1).
- Be eligible to receive State Aid.2
- Not be owned by a group or company that does not meet the above three criteria.3
- Be registered with Companies House / Charities Commission or demonstrate that they are engaged in ‘economic activity’ – usually some form of trading. Unincorporated associations and sole traders are eligible, provided they can show evidence of this.