Dear Team Member
Summer Holiday Activities
The Town Centre Partnership Operational Team have been working hard the past few weeks to arrange Summer Activities within the town centre. These have been combined with events being held by The Martlets Shopping Centre and Market Place Shopping Centre so we can ignite some fun filled activities each week of the children’s summer holidays.
Therefore, our current plan of events is as follows:
- Saturday 16th July 2016 – Search for a Star – The Martlets Shopping Centre – 11am – 2pm
- Saturday 23rd July 2016 – ‘Replay’ – The Band Stand – 11am – 1pm
- Thursday 28th July 2016 – Punch and Judy – Market Place Shopping Centre – 11am-11.30am
- Saturday 30th July 2016 – Magic Show – The Band Stand – 11am – 11.30am
- Thursday 4th August 2016 – Balloon Show – The Martlets Shopping Centre – 11am – 11.30am
- Thursday 11th August 2016 – Magic Show – Market Place Shopping Centre – 11am – 11.30am
- Saturday 13th August 2016 – Martlets Carnival – The Martlets Shopping Centre – 11am-3pm
- Saturday 13th August 2016 – Creative Workshop – Market Place Shopping Centre – 11am – 4pm
- Saturday 20th August 2016 – Martlets Carnival – The Martlets Shopping Centre 11am-3pm
- Thursday 25th August 2016 – Balloon Show – The Martlets Shopping Centre – 11am – 11.30am
- Saturday 27th August 2016 – Creative Workshop – Market Place Shopping Centre – 11am – 4pm
If you are holding an event or any workshops, please do let us know and we can advertise this for you, on our website and Facebook pages, free of charge.
Update from Market Place Shopping Centre
Footfall for the month of June 2016 was UP Month on Month and Year on Year, this is great news!
We are pleased to announce that shoppers at Market Place raised £5,169 for the Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance in a raffle to win a brand new convertible Mini Cooper. Staff and volunteers for the life-saving charity sold tickets for the draw at Market Place Shopping Centre last month (May 23rd – 28th). A grand total of £5,169.90 was raised in ticket sales and donations for the Win a Mini draw in aid of the air ambulance which relies almost entirely on public support. Thank you for all who donated.
We also have received a letter from SERV, a local voluntary service who provide an urgent transport service at night for blood and infant milk in the Sussex region and came to Market Place on 25th June 2016 to collect donations for running costs and to raise awareness of SERV to the public. SERV raised a grand total of £496 on the day of collection, which is enough to pay for the fuel for the Burgess Hill based bike for 6 months! Thank you to all who donated.
Events in Market Place – July 2016
- Saturday 23rd July – The Burgess Hill Community Foodbank will be accepting donations, towards the front of Waitrose for the day.
- Thursday 28th July – There will be a Punch and Judy Show at 11am, hosted by the Town Centre Partnership.
If you have any events taking place within your store in Market Place, please let Sam know in order to advertise this event by emailing her at Sam@marketplaceshopping.com.
Update from The Martlets Shopping Centre
Events in The Martlets Shopping Centre – July 2016
- Saturday 16th July 2016 – Search for a Star.
- Saturday 23rd July – ‘Replay’ – The Bandstand – In aid of St Peter and St James Hospice.
- Saturday 30th July – Magic Show – The Bandstand – 11am – Hosted by the Town Centre Partnership.
Please direct all queries for The Martlets Shopping Centre this month to Ian@themartletsshoppingcentre.co.uk
Burgess Hill Town Centre Partnership Operational Town Team