Initially for BHBPA members only, please follow these instructions in order to get your company listing, one per company, on to the new BHBPA Directory:
Go to the Directory website – http://directory.bhbpa.co.uk/
Click on ‘+ Submit Listing’ at the top right of the website.
Complete the form on the page. While most of the fields are self-explanatory, please note the following:
- Listing Name should be the Business name, either the company name registered as the BHBPA member or your business’ trading name.
- Full address should be your complete business address, making sure to use commas “,” to separate each line of the address e.g. 21 High Street, Burgess Hill, RH15 123
- The Listing Type is a high-level form of categorisation as represented by an industry icon. Select a SINGLE Listing Type – the one that best describes your business e.g. are you a Manufacturer or a Business Services company etc.?
- The Listing Category is a more granular level of categorisation that will further help people to find you. Choose from the list – there should be at least one to suit your business but email firstname.lastname@example.org if not.
- You will need several images – a Company Logo Image and a Cover Image as a minimum. Images must be no bigger than 2MB, and rectangular images must be no wider or higher than 2,000 pixels on either dimension. Any bigger and they may not load and may not be previewed.
- Your Company Logo must be square (not rectangular) in order for it to present correctly. If you don’t have a square logo, perhaps consider cropping around a key graphic to produce a recognisable brand image.
- Your Cover Image is the headline or background image for your listing. It might be helpful to look at some example listings e.g. Ebiss, PaperPlus or PVL.
- Optional Gallery Images show on your profile as small thumbnails which can be clicked on by the viewer to enlarge them. You can add multiple gallery images and these can help to more fully illustrate your product and service offerings.
- Description should include an overview of your business services. Be mindful to include keywords which will help searchers find you and what you provide.
- You can add one video link if you wish.
- Once completed, click ‘Preview’ – this step is essential.
- From the next screen you can either click to ‘Edit Listing’ further, or click on ‘Submit Listing’. Once satisfied that your editing is complete, you must click ‘Submit Listing’
The system will send an email to the email address you entered when creating your Listing. The email will be from “WordPress” and will say “(BHBPA Business Directory) Login Details”. This invites you to set your own password for your Directory Account so that you can further edit the Listing. Please note you will now be able to add links to your Social Media accounts.
Submitted listings will be reviewed and approved, at which point your listing will go live on the Directory.