If you are facing hardship or financial difficulty in paying your business rates to Mid Sussex please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01444 577564.
- Business Grants – if your rateable value is up to £15,000 and you get Small Business Rates Relief you can qualify for a small business grant of £10,000. If you receive Expanded Retail Discount and you have a rateable value is up to £51,000 you may get a Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant of £10,000 or £25,000. Further information is available at https://www.midsussex.gov.uk/revsandbens/business-rates/new-grants-for-business-rates/. If in doubt please call 01444 577564 or email us. Please note that you must have been the liable business rates payer at the 11th March 2020 and that all business grant schemes will close on 28th August 2020.
- Independent Financial Advice – if you are in arrears with your Business Rates we will place a hold on any action for up to 60 days if a sole trader business rates payer agrees for their case to be sent to an approved debt advisor.
- Small Business Rates Relief – if your rateable value is up to £15,000 you can qualify for up to 100 per cent relief. Further information is available at https://www.midsussex.gov.uk/revsandbens/council-tax/council-tax-exemptions/. If in doubt please call 01444 577564 or email us.
- Expanded Retail Discount – if you are in the Leisure, Hospitality and Retail sector and offered a service wholly or mainly to visiting members of the public prior to the COVID19 pandemic you can get a business rates payment holiday in 2020/21. Further information is available at https://www.midsussex.gov.uk/revsandbens/business-rates/property-reliefs/retail-discount-2019-20-and-2020-21/. If in doubt please call 01444 577564 or email us, as we may surprise you by advising your business you qualify.
- Struggling to pay your business rates – please come and talk to us. Please call 01444 577564 or email us.
- Please note that there is a Fundamental Review of Business Rates that has been announced. Full details are attached. Do please let us know if you have any comments – I will try and feedback in the response from Mid Sussex DC.
- The government has announced that the next revaluation of non-domestic (business rate) property in England will take effect on 1 April 2023. To enable the next revaluation to better reflect the impact of COVID-19, this revaluation will be based on property values as of 1 April 2021.
Please remember to talk to us. We may be able to help.
Kevin Stewart, MSDC