The organising committee met again last week to discuss latest plans for the event on May 4th at The King’s Centre.
We shall have two sessions of CPR and use of defibrillators given by Garry Perkins of Sussex First Aid Courses in a room off the main hall, probably at 12 o’clock and 1.30pm to which you will be able to sign up beforehand. There will be some hands-on training given at these. We shall allow just two people per company to attend these presentations as they may prove very popular.
The event will be officially opened by the Leader of WSCC, Louise Goldsmith, and other dignitaries attending will be Garry Wall, leader of MSDC and Jacqui Landriani, the Mayor of Burgess Hill.
Among other plans it was decided that, in this Centenary Year of the first legislation allowing some women to vote, we should focus on Women in Business at this year’s exhibition. We shall invite three speakers and will allow people to sign up beforehand to attend these presentations in a smaller room off the main exhibition hall.
There will be a place for stand holders to access tea and coffee all day. The cafe at TKC will be providing food in the form of baguettes and sandwiches which can be purchased for lunch.
If you are a stand holder at this event on May 4th, please make sure that you …
- send back the completed booking form – about half of you have done so to date
- pay the invoice which you have been sent for the stand – many of you have paid already.
- figure out how you will set up on the afternoon of Thursday, May 3rd
- make every effort to avoid bringing a car on the day of exhibition unless you know where you will park it during the day. We wish to restrict the car park to visitors and avoid parking chaos.
- look at the list of exhibitors in today’s newsletter
- look out for the completed floor plan in the next couple of weeks
- tell all your friends and colleagues to come and spend time there on the day
- add this flyer to all your emails to help us advertise the event
Many thanks – we are looking forward to a great event on Friday May 4th