Mid Sussex District Council
Planning Policy Update
23rd August 2016
Mid Sussex District Plan – Submission
Mid Sussex District Council has formally submitted its District Plan and accompanying documents to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
The District Plan will now be subject to an independent public examination by a planning inspector. As part of this examination process the Planning Inspector will hold public hearings and we anticipate that these will be held in Autumn 2016. Once confirmed, all details relating to the examination process will be advertised, made available online and sent to those people who asked to be notified of the examination.
The District Council has submitted the following documents in accordance with regulation 22 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012:
- Submission Mid Sussex District Plan and Policies Map
• Submission Mid Sussex District Plan – Sustainability Appraisal
• Habitats Regulations Assessment of the Submission Mid Sussex District Plan
• Statement of consultation (Regulation 18 and 20)
• Copies of representations made under Regulation 20 (Summary of Representations available at Deposit points. Copies of the full representations are available to view at the District Council offices)
• Copies of representation made to the Focused Amendments to the Pre-Submission District Plan (Summary of Representations available at Deposit points. Copies of the full representations are available to view at the District Council offices)
- Duty to co-operate Statement (available to view online)
• Housing Implementation Strategy (available to view online)
• Schedule of modifications (available to view online)
• Legal compliance self-assessment checklist (available to view online)
• Evidence Base (available to view online)
The Submission documents will be available for inspection from Tuesday 23rd August 2016 online at http://www.midsussex.gov.uk/districtplan and at libraries and Help Points within the District.
Should you have any queries relating to the District Plan, you can contact the Planning Policy and Economic Development Team on (01444 477053) or email email@example.com