This is a new FREE service – funded by West Sussex County Council – for all small and medium sized businesses in West Sussex.
Employers for Carers provides practical help through a free membership scheme for SME employers across the county and helps local employers support and retain staff who are looking after older, disabled or seriously ill family members or friends.
The purpose of supporting the scheme is to:
- raise the profile of working carers across the county
- help local employers identify and support carers in their workforce
- signpost carers to sources of both workplace and external support.
Our website www.employersforcarers.org allows you to register online (using a unique membership code). Once you have registered online, you gain the following benefits:
- Access to website resources including employer, manager and employee resources
- Latest information and guidance around work, caring and ageing
- Option to join Carers UK (free online membership) for all staff
- Invitation to a networking event