Contacting Sussex Police

As part of my induction, I popped into the Burgess Hill police station in The Brow and asked for clarity on how members should contact the police under different circumstances – such as to highlight an incursion by travellers.

FYI – details of gypsy and traveller sites are on WSCC web site. Call the County Council to notify them of any inappropriate incursions on 01243 642139, as well as the Police.

Here’s how to contact Sussex Police:

  • Option 1 – If there’s immediate risk to safety treat the incident as an emergency and call 999
  • Option 2 – If the threat is NOT immediate, call 101
  • Option 3 – For matters of a more preventative nature that require local police involvement call 01273 470101

In all cases make a note of the Police case number, known as the CAD reference and please inform the Coordinator on


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Register your interest

For BHBPA events please provide your contact details below.

For events hosted by 3rd parties, please DO NOT USE THIS FORM. Instead, close this form and use the Organiser’s link provided.

loading event...