Whether you champion the ‘in’ or ‘out’ camp in the Brexit discussion, one thing is for sure, if your business is based in the UK you are hoping for an outcome that gives you the strongest possible trading opportunities, no matter what the result of the referendum.
Now more than ever, it is time to show the world why you are a great British business; to show them that you are a safe bet when it comes to international trade; to show them what you can offer as seasoned expert at exporting.
In these changing global times, wouldn’t you like to have the external credibility that gives you the competitive edge? Because if exporting suddenly becomes more complicated, challenging or competitive than it already is, then your award-winning status might just be the golden ticket you need to get you through the door to a new market.
If you have battled through economic turbulence over many years and come out on top by taking your products, operations and services across the world you could now be in line for a key return on your investment by becoming an award-winning exporter.
Take a look at my top three awards for UK exporters:
1.The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise – perhaps the most coveted award for UK based businesses. There are three categories including International Trade and approximately 100 exporters receive awards from The Queen every year. Check out my simple Queen’s Awards infographics to see the criteria.
- Important dates: Open 21st April, deadline 30th September
- The Chamber Business Awards– run by the British Chamber who have the knowledge and experience you need grow and develop your export capabilities, these awards naturally always feature an export category. Entrants start by competing at regional level only, then the finalists from each region go on to compete nationally where one will become the overall winner. You don’t need to be a member of the Chamber to enter, but entry is free if you become a member.
- Important dates: Open 11th April, deadline 24th June
- The National Business Awards– these awards have just introduced an exciting new category for 2016 – The QBE New Exporter of the Year in association with Exporting is GREAT. Designed to celebrate the newest exporters on the block, entrants will be setting the benchmark for success with their results from the past 18 months. The entry experience for finalists includes a presentation to the judges in September, a prestigious gala dinner in November and media promotion for winners.
- Important dates: Open now, deadline 20th May.
These are just three awards out of many international and national awards now open. Check out my Awards Expert blog for tips on winning awards for your achievements. And contact me on email@example.com for a FREE Queen’s Awards consultation or to be assessed for your likelihood of winning any of the awards above and more. I have driven a 100% success rate for my Queen’s Award entries and will give you all the help you need to win this year.