To All Our Members
Despite Winter approaching there are still some BHCC news items we would like to bring to your attention.
- We will be hosting a Christmas Quiz in the St John’s Pavilion on Saturday 14th December starting at 7.30 pm. Our resident quiz master, Paul Elphick will again be hosting the quiz. There will be free mince pies and mulled wine with, according to our Bar Manager, some special Christmas discounts available at the bar. Please do your best to support your club and start your Christmas festivities in style.
- The Club’s AGM will be held on the 28th November in the Pavilion with a 7.30 pm start. This is your opportunity to express your views of the Club to the Executive Committee and tell us how we can improve things for the coming season. The full agenda is posted on the Club’s website.
- Another award for BHCC!! Global Health Pharma, a news publisher, host an annual Fitness and Nutrition Awards and Burgess Hill CC has been awarded the West Sussex Community Sports Club of the Year for 2019.
- Indoor softball training for U10 boys and younger and U11 girls and younger commences on Tuesday 4th February 2020. The sessions are great fun and will be held in the Burgess Hill Academy Sports Hall starting at 6.00 pm and finishing at 7.30 pm. As in previous years these sessions will be overseen by a coach from Sussex CCC in addition to club coaches. They will continue every Tuesday evening through to Tuesday April 7th. Full details will be posted shortly on the website. The cost of these sessions is included in your annual membership payment.
- Indoor hardball nets for boys aged U11 through to U15 and girls aged U12 through to U16 will commence on Sunday February 9th 2020 and continue until Sunday April 5th. These will again be held in the Sports Hall at Hurstpierpoint College.The timings as in previous years will start from 2.00 pm through until 5.00 pm. The detailed timings will be circulated and posted on the website once agreed with the coaches and managers. Again the cost of these sessions is included in your annual membership payment.
- Mens and womens nets will commence on the same day, Sunday February 9th with the timings as before, 7.00 pm through to 9.00 pm. Younger players who anticipate playing adult Saturday cricket will be welcome to attend both the afternoon and evening practice sessions.
- The Club will have a 4th XI participating in the Sussex League next season so there will be even more opportunities for boys and girls and Dads to play competitive, friendly cricket in 2020 for BHCC. The League season commences on Saturday 9th May.
That’s all for now!
Thank you as ever for your continued support of our Club
Burgess Hill CC Executive Committee