Posted on 7th February 2019
Free Workplace Wellbeing MOT’s for all staff from your Mid Sussex District Council
Do you want to do more to support the Health and Wellbeing of your employees at no cost to you?
Can you release your employees for a 30 minute health check in the workplace?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions then we at Mid Sussex District Council Wellbeing team can help you.
As part of a national drive to improve Health and Wellbeing in the workplace we are offering local employers the chance to support their employees by offering to come to your premises to carry out Wellbeing MOT’s for you and your staff.
A healthy economic advantage
An unhealthy and unhappy workforce is costly:
• Each year 140 million working days are lost to sickness absence in the UK, costing UK businesses an estimated £29billion.
• Presentism – attending work while sick – is valued at an average cost to employers of £605 per employee per year, due to reduced productivity.
• The financial cost to British business of mental ill health is estimated at £26billion per year.
• High staff turnover can incur huge recruitment and training costs, on top of lost revenue while new employees reach full productivity.
What is a Wellbeing MOT
The MOT takes about 30 minutes and includes the following :-
– Weight and Body Mass Index
– Body fat % and Visceral fat % (Fat around the major organs)
– Bone mass and Muscle mass
– Biomedical age assessment
– A full print out of your personal results and measurements
– Discussion with a qualified advisor on your results and lifestyle support.
We also deliver affordable bespoke talks to your staff (at a time to suit you) on such topics as nutritional guidance, exercise awareness, alcohol consumption, how to combat stress, and much more.
Check our website for our workplace health video, testimonials and further information.
We will work with you to organise a visit, and agree a convenient date.
Any questions or to book your local Wellbeing team please contact our Wellbeing Officer, Nick Hurley.
Direct Line: 01444 477047
Wellbeing Line: 01444 477191
"“I have belonged to this group since I started my own business, Lea Graham Associates, in 1986. The association has been through several incarnations since then, but its most recent one, BHBPA, is by far the best.
It’s much more than just a networking group, although it is supremely good at that too. BHBPA is inclusive and friendly and acts like a mutual-support society. The events are stimulating, worthwhile and often great fun and I believe most members share this opinion.”"
"As the local hospice for the area, it’s great that we receive so much support from the BHBPA. Last year the members raised an amazing £2150 through activities such as Bake Off and the BHBiz Awards. Each well planned members meeting enables good networking opportunities and speakers that are relevant to the present climate and local issues. We are proud to be members of BHBPA."
"I am delighted to have a long-standing relationship with the BHBPA. Since its foundation the Association has gone from strength to strength and there is no doubt that it has brought huge benefits to its members and the business community as a whole through the partnerships it has formed with the local authorities, Sussex Police and local organisations. It is paramount that Burgess Hill businesses have an effective collective voice."
"The BHBPA is an energetic and vocal organisation that connects and empowers and informs the local business community acting as an effective conduit to local authority and other organisations. We are proud to be part of that community and the association."