Posted on 7th February 2019
Free Workplace Wellbeing MOT’s for all staff from your Mid Sussex District Council
Do you want to do more to support the Health and Wellbeing of your employees at no cost to you?
Can you release your employees for a 30 minute health check in the workplace?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions then we at Mid Sussex District Council Wellbeing team can help you.
As part of a national drive to improve Health and Wellbeing in the workplace we are offering local employers the chance to support their employees by offering to come to your premises to carry out Wellbeing MOT’s for you and your staff.
A healthy economic advantage
An unhealthy and unhappy workforce is costly:
• Each year 140 million working days are lost to sickness absence in the UK, costing UK businesses an estimated £29billion.
• Presentism – attending work while sick – is valued at an average cost to employers of £605 per employee per year, due to reduced productivity.
• The financial cost to British business of mental ill health is estimated at £26billion per year.
• High staff turnover can incur huge recruitment and training costs, on top of lost revenue while new employees reach full productivity.
What is a Wellbeing MOT
The MOT takes about 30 minutes and includes the following :-
– Weight and Body Mass Index
– Body fat % and Visceral fat % (Fat around the major organs)
– Bone mass and Muscle mass
– Biomedical age assessment
– A full print out of your personal results and measurements
– Discussion with a qualified advisor on your results and lifestyle support.
We also deliver affordable bespoke talks to your staff (at a time to suit you) on such topics as nutritional guidance, exercise awareness, alcohol consumption, how to combat stress, and much more.
Check our website for our workplace health video, testimonials and further information.
We will work with you to organise a visit, and agree a convenient date.
Any questions or to book your local Wellbeing team please contact our Wellbeing Officer, Nick Hurley.
Direct Line: 01444 477047
Wellbeing Line: 01444 477191
"“I can’t speak highly enough of the BHBPA. As a small local business we feel very much part of a community and thoroughly enjoy the annual exhibition and meetings throughout the year. Over the years we have built fantastic working relationships with many BHBPA members and every meeting and event offers us opportunities to work with more. This is networking at its best! ” "
"If Carlsberg did networking they would do it the BHBPA way. Each event is packed with great ideas, thought provoking presentations and fun. As a small business we feel supported and part of the community. We have built friendships and business relationships and there is always plenty of advice on hand to benefit us all so don’t hesitate to join whatever the nature of your business. "
"“Sutton Winson have been members of the BHBPA for around 7 years. We have found it a great way to keep in touch with Burgess Hill businesses and to meet with likeminded people. It’s not just another “networking” group, as it tackles the real issues and gets things done”"
""BHBPA is a really well organised and run group, great for networking and benefitting from knowledgeable local speakers with real business insight. Peter brings enthusiasm and humour which helps drive the association forward. I am glad to be part of it.""