Posted on 31st October 2018
With the final weekend of the October engineering work complete, we wanted to provide you with a brief update on what has been achieved over the past two weeks.
Work is progressing as planned and over the past two weeks, we have achieved the following:
• Balcombe Tunnel Junction – Delivery of Switch & Crossing panels
• Haywards Heath Station – conductor rail installation completed along the Ouse Valley area and signal changes completed
• Haywards Heath to Keymer Junction – signal head changes and signalling installed
• Keymer Junction to Plumpton – signal head changes completed
• Clayton Tunnel – track renewal undertaken
• Patcham to Preston Park – signalling installation
• Streat Green (Plumpton Racecourse) – Underbridge renewed
• Three Bridges to Balcombe Tunnel Junction – signal head changes
• Lewes to Newhaven – pretesting ahead of the major work
• Cooksbridge – re-railing completed
As you are aware, work will continue into November on the following dates:
• Saturday, 03 November
• Saturday, 10 November
• Saturday & Sunday, 24 and 25 November
We will be ramping up our engagement activities as we work towards the main 9-day closure in February. If you need any assistance in your planning, please do not hesitate to make contact with us.
Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Brighton Main Line Improvement Project
1-2 Paris Garden, London, SE1 8ND
"If Carlsberg did networking they would do it the BHBPA way. Each event is packed with great ideas, thought provoking presentations and fun. As a small business we feel supported and part of the community. We have built friendships and business relationships and there is always plenty of advice on hand to benefit us all so don’t hesitate to join whatever the nature of your business. "
"“We have been members of BHBPA from its inception, and seen the organisation steadily grow and expand into the dynamic entity it is today, bringing positive benefits to all its members.""
"“I can’t speak highly enough of the BHBPA. As a small local business we feel very much part of a community and thoroughly enjoy the annual exhibition and meetings throughout the year. Over the years we have built fantastic working relationships with many BHBPA members and every meeting and event offers us opportunities to work with more. This is networking at its best! ” "
""BHBPA is a really well organised and run group, great for networking and benefitting from knowledgeable local speakers with real business insight. Peter brings enthusiasm and humour which helps drive the association forward. I am glad to be part of it.""