Posted on 31st October 2018
With the final weekend of the October engineering work complete, we wanted to provide you with a brief update on what has been achieved over the past two weeks.
Work is progressing as planned and over the past two weeks, we have achieved the following:
• Balcombe Tunnel Junction – Delivery of Switch & Crossing panels
• Haywards Heath Station – conductor rail installation completed along the Ouse Valley area and signal changes completed
• Haywards Heath to Keymer Junction – signal head changes and signalling installed
• Keymer Junction to Plumpton – signal head changes completed
• Clayton Tunnel – track renewal undertaken
• Patcham to Preston Park – signalling installation
• Streat Green (Plumpton Racecourse) – Underbridge renewed
• Three Bridges to Balcombe Tunnel Junction – signal head changes
• Lewes to Newhaven – pretesting ahead of the major work
• Cooksbridge – re-railing completed
As you are aware, work will continue into November on the following dates:
• Saturday, 03 November
• Saturday, 10 November
• Saturday & Sunday, 24 and 25 November
We will be ramping up our engagement activities as we work towards the main 9-day closure in February. If you need any assistance in your planning, please do not hesitate to make contact with us.
Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Brighton Main Line Improvement Project
1-2 Paris Garden, London, SE1 8ND
"“Sutton Winson have been members of the BHBPA for around 7 years. We have found it a great way to keep in touch with Burgess Hill businesses and to meet with likeminded people. It’s not just another “networking” group, as it tackles the real issues and gets things done”"
"I am delighted to have a long-standing relationship with the BHBPA. Since its foundation the Association has gone from strength to strength and there is no doubt that it has brought huge benefits to its members and the business community as a whole through the partnerships it has formed with the local authorities, Sussex Police and local organisations. It is paramount that Burgess Hill businesses have an effective collective voice."
"The BHBPA is the most effective and dynamic business organisation I have ever worked with in over 30 years in Local Government. It has a very active and large membership whose points of view are taken seriously by all government structures. Peter Liddell does an excellent job in providing unique and enjoyable networking opportunities where members interact and discuss points of mutual interest. It provides a forum for businesses to discuss common issues, to share experiences and to play a powerful and meaningful role in the Burgess Hill community. The BHBPA provides important and credible support for all its members and ensures that their best interests are represented where necessary. "
"If Carlsberg did networking they would do it the BHBPA way. Each event is packed with great ideas, thought provoking presentations and fun. As a small business we feel supported and part of the community. We have built friendships and business relationships and there is always plenty of advice on hand to benefit us all so don’t hesitate to join whatever the nature of your business. "