Posted on 31st October 2018
With the final weekend of the October engineering work complete, we wanted to provide you with a brief update on what has been achieved over the past two weeks.
Work is progressing as planned and over the past two weeks, we have achieved the following:
• Balcombe Tunnel Junction – Delivery of Switch & Crossing panels
• Haywards Heath Station – conductor rail installation completed along the Ouse Valley area and signal changes completed
• Haywards Heath to Keymer Junction – signal head changes and signalling installed
• Keymer Junction to Plumpton – signal head changes completed
• Clayton Tunnel – track renewal undertaken
• Patcham to Preston Park – signalling installation
• Streat Green (Plumpton Racecourse) – Underbridge renewed
• Three Bridges to Balcombe Tunnel Junction – signal head changes
• Lewes to Newhaven – pretesting ahead of the major work
• Cooksbridge – re-railing completed
As you are aware, work will continue into November on the following dates:
• Saturday, 03 November
• Saturday, 10 November
• Saturday & Sunday, 24 and 25 November
We will be ramping up our engagement activities as we work towards the main 9-day closure in February. If you need any assistance in your planning, please do not hesitate to make contact with us.
Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Brighton Main Line Improvement Project
1-2 Paris Garden, London, SE1 8ND
"This association was started with a lot of effort from a few local businessmen and has proved to be a very powerful and useful tool for our business. The BHBPA has influence at the top level; when action is needed, the BHBPA gets it done. We are kept in touch with all that is happening on our doorstep and will often act because of what is published in the weekly emails / newsletters."
"As the local hospice for the area, it’s great that we receive so much support from the BHBPA. Last year the members raised an amazing £2150 through activities such as Bake Off and the BHBiz Awards. Each well planned members meeting enables good networking opportunities and speakers that are relevant to the present climate and local issues. We are proud to be members of BHBPA."
"“Sutton Winson have been members of the BHBPA for around 7 years. We have found it a great way to keep in touch with Burgess Hill businesses and to meet with likeminded people. It’s not just another “networking” group, as it tackles the real issues and gets things done”"
"The BHBPA is a fantastic hub for our business community to get together and catch up, discuss important local issues and connect new and interesting enterprises."