Posted on 31st October 2018
With the final weekend of the October engineering work complete, we wanted to provide you with a brief update on what has been achieved over the past two weeks.
Work is progressing as planned and over the past two weeks, we have achieved the following:
• Balcombe Tunnel Junction – Delivery of Switch & Crossing panels
• Haywards Heath Station – conductor rail installation completed along the Ouse Valley area and signal changes completed
• Haywards Heath to Keymer Junction – signal head changes and signalling installed
• Keymer Junction to Plumpton – signal head changes completed
• Clayton Tunnel – track renewal undertaken
• Patcham to Preston Park – signalling installation
• Streat Green (Plumpton Racecourse) – Underbridge renewed
• Three Bridges to Balcombe Tunnel Junction – signal head changes
• Lewes to Newhaven – pretesting ahead of the major work
• Cooksbridge – re-railing completed
As you are aware, work will continue into November on the following dates:
• Saturday, 03 November
• Saturday, 10 November
• Saturday & Sunday, 24 and 25 November
We will be ramping up our engagement activities as we work towards the main 9-day closure in February. If you need any assistance in your planning, please do not hesitate to make contact with us.
Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Brighton Main Line Improvement Project
1-2 Paris Garden, London, SE1 8ND
"“I have belonged to this group since I started my own business, Lea Graham Associates, in 1986. The association has been through several incarnations since then, but its most recent one, BHBPA, is by far the best.
It’s much more than just a networking group, although it is supremely good at that too. BHBPA is inclusive and friendly and acts like a mutual-support society. The events are stimulating, worthwhile and often great fun and I believe most members share this opinion.”"
"As MP for Mid Sussex I believe passionately in the importance of a vibrant local business community in order to create and sustain fantastic opportunities that enable people to meet their responsibilities, prosper and fulfil their potential. I am committed to collaborating with BHBPA and others to be an effective collective voice for Burgess Hill."
"I am delighted to have a long-standing relationship with the BHBPA. Since its foundation the Association has gone from strength to strength and there is no doubt that it has brought huge benefits to its members and the business community as a whole through the partnerships it has formed with the local authorities, Sussex Police and local organisations. It is paramount that Burgess Hill businesses have an effective collective voice."
"This association was started with a lot of effort from a few local businessmen and has proved to be a very powerful and useful tool for our business. The BHBPA has influence at the top level; when action is needed, the BHBPA gets it done. We are kept in touch with all that is happening on our doorstep and will often act because of what is published in the weekly emails / newsletters."