Posted on 31st October 2018
With the final weekend of the October engineering work complete, we wanted to provide you with a brief update on what has been achieved over the past two weeks.
Work is progressing as planned and over the past two weeks, we have achieved the following:
• Balcombe Tunnel Junction – Delivery of Switch & Crossing panels
• Haywards Heath Station – conductor rail installation completed along the Ouse Valley area and signal changes completed
• Haywards Heath to Keymer Junction – signal head changes and signalling installed
• Keymer Junction to Plumpton – signal head changes completed
• Clayton Tunnel – track renewal undertaken
• Patcham to Preston Park – signalling installation
• Streat Green (Plumpton Racecourse) – Underbridge renewed
• Three Bridges to Balcombe Tunnel Junction – signal head changes
• Lewes to Newhaven – pretesting ahead of the major work
• Cooksbridge – re-railing completed
As you are aware, work will continue into November on the following dates:
• Saturday, 03 November
• Saturday, 10 November
• Saturday & Sunday, 24 and 25 November
We will be ramping up our engagement activities as we work towards the main 9-day closure in February. If you need any assistance in your planning, please do not hesitate to make contact with us.
Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Brighton Main Line Improvement Project
1-2 Paris Garden, London, SE1 8ND
"The BHBPA is an energetic and vocal organisation that connects and empowers and informs the local business community acting as an effective conduit to local authority and other organisations. We are proud to be part of that community and the association."
"“I can’t speak highly enough of the BHBPA. As a small local business we feel very much part of a community and thoroughly enjoy the annual exhibition and meetings throughout the year. Over the years we have built fantastic working relationships with many BHBPA members and every meeting and event offers us opportunities to work with more. This is networking at its best! ” "
"I am delighted to have a long-standing relationship with the BHBPA. Since its foundation the Association has gone from strength to strength and there is no doubt that it has brought huge benefits to its members and the business community as a whole through the partnerships it has formed with the local authorities, Sussex Police and local organisations. It is paramount that Burgess Hill businesses have an effective collective voice."
"The BHBPA is the most effective and dynamic business organisation I have ever worked with in over 30 years in Local Government. It has a very active and large membership whose points of view are taken seriously by all government structures. Peter Liddell does an excellent job in providing unique and enjoyable networking opportunities where members interact and discuss points of mutual interest. It provides a forum for businesses to discuss common issues, to share experiences and to play a powerful and meaningful role in the Burgess Hill community. The BHBPA provides important and credible support for all its members and ensures that their best interests are represented where necessary. "