Posted on 28th September 2015
Full-time experienced Magazine Designer
Freelance or employed
Sussex Living magazine is a monthly A4 glossy publication with a strong editorial focus. Our pages are beautifully designed by our highly professional in-house team for the coffee tables of Mid Sussex.
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer with an in-depth knowledge of design for print. Good organisational skills and some experience in html, css and WordPress would be beneficial. You will be able to produce ads and editorial pages to a high (print ready) standard and work closely with our sales and editorial team.
• Experience in the publishing industry
• Creative and aware of the do’s and don’ts of typography and print magazine layout
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator especially.
• A good understanding of grammar and English language
• Communicative and able to deal with customers directly
• Great attention to detail
• Mac literate and able to problem solve and provide technical support when necessary
• html email designs using online apps – Mailigen and Mailchimp
• WordPress, html and css experience
• Personable, a team player with a sense of humour who is able to blend perfectly with our friendly team
Key Area: Design/Creative
Salary: Depending on experience
01273 835355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
"“Sutton Winson have been members of the BHBPA for around 7 years. We have found it a great way to keep in touch with Burgess Hill businesses and to meet with likeminded people. It’s not just another “networking” group, as it tackles the real issues and gets things done”"
"As MP for Mid Sussex I believe passionately in the importance of a vibrant local business community in order to create and sustain fantastic opportunities that enable people to meet their responsibilities, prosper and fulfil their potential. I am committed to collaborating with BHBPA and others to be an effective collective voice for Burgess Hill."
"This association was started with a lot of effort from a few local businessmen and has proved to be a very powerful and useful tool for our business. The BHBPA has influence at the top level; when action is needed, the BHBPA gets it done. We are kept in touch with all that is happening on our doorstep and will often act because of what is published in the weekly emails / newsletters."
"The BHBPA is the most effective and dynamic business organisation I have ever worked with in over 30 years in Local Government. It has a very active and large membership whose points of view are taken seriously by all government structures. Peter Liddell does an excellent job in providing unique and enjoyable networking opportunities where members interact and discuss points of mutual interest. It provides a forum for businesses to discuss common issues, to share experiences and to play a powerful and meaningful role in the Burgess Hill community. The BHBPA provides important and credible support for all its members and ensures that their best interests are represented where necessary. "