Posted on 28th September 2015
Full-time experienced Magazine Designer
Freelance or employed
Sussex Living magazine is a monthly A4 glossy publication with a strong editorial focus. Our pages are beautifully designed by our highly professional in-house team for the coffee tables of Mid Sussex.
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer with an in-depth knowledge of design for print. Good organisational skills and some experience in html, css and WordPress would be beneficial. You will be able to produce ads and editorial pages to a high (print ready) standard and work closely with our sales and editorial team.
• Experience in the publishing industry
• Creative and aware of the do’s and don’ts of typography and print magazine layout
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator especially.
• A good understanding of grammar and English language
• Communicative and able to deal with customers directly
• Great attention to detail
• Mac literate and able to problem solve and provide technical support when necessary
• html email designs using online apps – Mailigen and Mailchimp
• WordPress, html and css experience
• Personable, a team player with a sense of humour who is able to blend perfectly with our friendly team
Key Area: Design/Creative
Salary: Depending on experience
01273 835355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
"If Carlsberg did networking they would do it the BHBPA way. Each event is packed with great ideas, thought provoking presentations and fun. As a small business we feel supported and part of the community. We have built friendships and business relationships and there is always plenty of advice on hand to benefit us all so don’t hesitate to join whatever the nature of your business. "
"“Sutton Winson have been members of the BHBPA for around 7 years. We have found it a great way to keep in touch with Burgess Hill businesses and to meet with likeminded people. It’s not just another “networking” group, as it tackles the real issues and gets things done”"
"Since joining BHBPA we have found it to be a dynamic and vibrant members’ organisation, with excellent, regular and informative meetings.
Peter Liddell does a first class job in ensuring that members’ interests are aired and addressed.
"The BHBPA is an energetic and vocal organisation that connects and empowers and informs the local business community acting as an effective conduit to local authority and other organisations. We are proud to be part of that community and the association."