Posted on 28th September 2015
Full-time experienced Magazine Designer
Freelance or employed
Sussex Living magazine is a monthly A4 glossy publication with a strong editorial focus. Our pages are beautifully designed by our highly professional in-house team for the coffee tables of Mid Sussex.
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer with an in-depth knowledge of design for print. Good organisational skills and some experience in html, css and WordPress would be beneficial. You will be able to produce ads and editorial pages to a high (print ready) standard and work closely with our sales and editorial team.
• Experience in the publishing industry
• Creative and aware of the do’s and don’ts of typography and print magazine layout
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator especially.
• A good understanding of grammar and English language
• Communicative and able to deal with customers directly
• Great attention to detail
• Mac literate and able to problem solve and provide technical support when necessary
• html email designs using online apps – Mailigen and Mailchimp
• WordPress, html and css experience
• Personable, a team player with a sense of humour who is able to blend perfectly with our friendly team
Key Area: Design/Creative
Salary: Depending on experience
01273 835355 or email@example.com
"I am delighted to have a long-standing relationship with the BHBPA. Since its foundation the Association has gone from strength to strength and there is no doubt that it has brought huge benefits to its members and the business community as a whole through the partnerships it has formed with the local authorities, Sussex Police and local organisations. It is paramount that Burgess Hill businesses have an effective collective voice."
"The BHBPA is the most effective and dynamic business organisation I have ever worked with in over 30 years in Local Government. It has a very active and large membership whose points of view are taken seriously by all government structures. Peter Liddell does an excellent job in providing unique and enjoyable networking opportunities where members interact and discuss points of mutual interest. It provides a forum for businesses to discuss common issues, to share experiences and to play a powerful and meaningful role in the Burgess Hill community. The BHBPA provides important and credible support for all its members and ensures that their best interests are represented where necessary. "
"“We have been members of BHBPA from its inception, and seen the organisation steadily grow and expand into the dynamic entity it is today, bringing positive benefits to all its members.""
"The BHBPA is an energetic and vocal organisation that connects and empowers and informs the local business community acting as an effective conduit to local authority and other organisations. We are proud to be part of that community and the association."